Develop faster optimized pressure sensitive adhesives
(solvent & water-based adhesives, hot melts & radiation-cured) with an advanced use
of Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA).
Benefit from Derek Bamborough's extensive experience in DMA (+20 years) to support your material selection
, PSA formulation optimization
and performance adjustment
. A prior course dealing with all types of adhesive
will be held on November 6.
Course Type Formulation - Level Advanced
Why you should attend
- Select faster optimal raw materials (polymers, tackifiers, plasticizers & other additives) and better control interactions in your PSA formulations
- Optimize and better predict performance of your PSA by making the most out of DMA: analysis type; temperature, frequency or both
- Meet various application requirements faster by reviewing real-life DMA finger-prints of PSA tapes, labels, hygiene, protection, assembly...
Who is it for?
Adhesives professionals who are looking for advanced techniques to optimize their pressure sensitive formulations & predict PSA performances
The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Basic Principles of DMA
- DMA Language & Interpretation for PSA
- DMA "Fingerprints"
- PSA Base-polymer characterisation
- Formulation Consideration
- Addition of Tackifier Resins to Adhesive Base Polymers
- Influence of Tackifier Resin Type on Compatibility with Polymers
- Compatibility as a Performance Indicator
- What this means to adhesive performance
- Predict & Optimise Your Application Properties using DMA
- Hot Melt Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
- Water-based Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
- Solvent-based Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
- Radiation curable PSA
- Identify DMA parameters to help you decide which type for which application
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Derek Bamborough.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Jennifer A. ,
from Johnson & Johnson:
"Excellent course! I've learnt how to use to predict PSA performance."
Ed E. ,
from Promerus LLC:
"Provided a good understanding of using DMA measurements for the design of adhesives."
Aylin M. ,
from Tesa SE:
"Very good speaker! He gave us another point of view to interpret a tan delta curve."
Widely used to describe PSA patented products, DMA is a powerful tool to characterize materials and predict adhesives performance. Though being one of the most commonly used self-adhesive products, PSA formulations remain the least understood. Mastering DMA can not only enable to improve quality control but also shorten your PSA development time.
Recognized expert Derek Bamborough will explain you the principles of DMA and link them to PSA performance and interactions occurring in the formulation. From raw material selection to formulation optimization, you will be able to use DMA as an advanced technique to develop PSA to meet or exceed your requirements.
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999