The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Definition of toughening
- Difference between flexibilising and toughening
- Mechanisms of toughening
- Detailed chemistry of the toughening polymers/telomers
- Reaction schematics for adduct formation
- Introduction to specific PUR/CTBN toughening
- Relatively novel low MW epoxies which aid in toughening
- High temperature toughening
- A brief introduction to nano-toughening
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to John Bishopp.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Andrew R. ,
from ITW Red Head:
"Excellent! Many toughening approaches were discussed."
Brian S. ,
from Ashland Inc.:
"Mr. Bishopp obviously knew his material well and I liked the amount of chemical detail."
Wolfgang K. ,
from Wacker Chemie AG:
"Perfectly what I wanted to know, VERY fast technical pace, but this is what I am looking for - lots of content!!"
Toughening of structural epoxy adhesives is still one of the major requirements of the end-user design engineers. There is almost too much literature on the subject and a guided tour is essential to help rationalize development projects.
Attendees will come away with a structured view on the various toughening mechanisms and associated chemistry, supported by important references (patents & papers) and practical considerations.
To get to the next level faster, participants will have the opportunity to question somebody who has been formulating tough structural adhesives for 40 years; getting away from the model systems so often presented at conferences and entering the real world!
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999